Ok, so when I first saw this on Pinterest, I knew I immediately had to make it for my Mother’s Day brunch. This wasn’t a typical, everyday, breakfast item and it turned out great!
- 1 package of crescent rolls (8 in a pack)
- Shredded colby and monterey jack cheese (a couple hand fulls)
- 5 large eggs
- sliced chicken sausage (I used roasted tomato and basil), the original recipe used bacon
- Preheat oven according to the crescent roll directions on the package.
- Scramble your 5 eggs (I added salt, pepper, and garlic) and cooking your sausage (or bacon) according to the package instructions.
- Open the package of crescent rolls and separate the 8 slices. Lay them out on parchment paper in a star shape.
- Add your sausage and layer with cheese. Then add your eggs and top with cheese.
- Fold the tips (the ends) of the star up and over the filling, creating a wreath shape.
- Top the wreath with cheese.
- Bake according to package instructions or until the crescent rolls are golden.
Original recipe found on Bacon Time With the Hungry Hungry Hypo