Home Made Turkey Burgers
- Ground turkey, 1lb
- Onions, diced (about a palm full)
- Red and green peppers, diced (about a palm full worth of both)
- EVOO, about 2 tbsp
- McCormick‘s perfect pinch roasted garlic and bell pepper seasoning, approximately 1 tbsp
- Gluten free bread or buns, I used Udi’s
- In a bowl, add the diced onion, peppers, EVOO, and seasoning. Get dirty and mix the ingredients with your hands!
- Shape your turkey burgers. Trick, press down in the center of your burgers (a step I forgot to do during this batch). The reason you do this is because the meat tends to rise and get very thick, so it actually evens it out, allowing the burger to cook evenly.
- Why use EVOO? Turkey burgers can often be dry, so the olive oil keeps it nice and moist I’ve noticed.
- Lastly, I start my turkey burgers on tin foil and once it cooks for a few minutes I remove it from the foil. I do this so the burger doesn’t lose its shape when first put on the grill.
Since it was such a beautiful day out last Friday and my boyfriend and I both had off of work, we decided to grab some beers and grill out. My boyfriend prefers red meat over turkey, so he made his own. We also grilled up sliced red and green peppers (with EVOO and garlic powder). It was an excellent afternoon of grilling.
Of course it helps when you have someone hunky doing the grilling 😉
HELP! Does anyone have any recommendations for good gluten free beer? I’ve been afraid to buy a whole case, since if I hate it I really would rather it not go to waste. I’d love any suggestions!