Gluten Free Spinach and Mushroom Grilled Cheese
Alright, here is one of the gluten free meals I made for today. I’m actually impressed on how tasty the bread was. I was nervous that it was going to taste like cardboard, but I was proven wrong! Of course, just like my childhood days, I ALWAYS have to have tomato soup with my grilled cheese. In this case, I used a prepackaged gluten free/organic roasted tomato and red pepper soup from Trader Joes.
- Udi bread (gluten free)
- Spinach, organic
- Mushrooms, organic
- Sargento provolone cheese (Sargento cheeses are gluten free, except for some of their dips. Visit their website for more product info)
- Wegmans unsalted butter (gluten free)
- Grilled cheese is pretty simple, but I’ll give directions anyways. Butter both sides of the bread and place on a pan on medium heat. If you would prefer lower calorie grilled cheese, you can skip EVOO or butter and toast the bread and broil the cheese in the oven or toaster oven). However, I like my butter. If I’m going gluten free, no need to give up my butter 😉
- In a separate pan, on medium heat, saute your mushrooms and spinach in extra virgin olive oil.
- Once your grilled cheese has light brown, flip over.
- Add the cheese to the sides that are already browned. I used one slice per side. Cover the pan so the cheese melts and the heat is locked in.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and spinach.
- Pair your grilled cheese with any side!