I had my mom and my boyfriend’s mom over for dinner one night and I wanted an easy appetizer that wasn’t just sliced cheese and crackers. I also wanted to do something that looked “fancy” since we were cooking up crab legs. Here it is, super easy, crescent wrapped brie wheel. Brie is probably one of my favorite cheeses to melt. It has amazing flavor and pairs well with all sorts of breads and crackers.
- jam, any flavor (I used a three fruit blend jam with apricot, peach, and passion fruit)
- pita bread, cut in triangles
- triscuit crackers (original)
- baguette bread, sliced
- 1 package of crescent rolls, rolled out
- 1 wheel of brie
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the crescent roll package.
- Roll out your crescent doll and wrap around your wheel of cheese. You can choose to leave the out casing of the brie on or cut it off. I cut the sides off, but left the top on. Don’t worry, it doesn’t matter how it looks. just wrap the crescent dough over the brie and make sure all edges are covered.
- Bake according to package instructions, or until the crust is nice and golden.
- Add to a serving platter.