The boyfriend and I had tacos last night and had some leftovers. Of course, taco meat and taco ingredients can’t go to waste and I didn’t really want tacos agaiinnnn, so I stuffed the ingredients in peppers and baked them. SO GOOD. Who would have thought!?
- peppers (I used red and green)
- taco meat (I used ground turkey (recipe here) for me and ground beef for the boyfriend)
- taco seasoning (for the ground beef or in the turkey)
- chopped onion
- chopped green onion
- taco cheese blend
- taco sauce
- shredded lettuce
- hot sauce (franks)
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut of the tops (stem side) of however many peppers (I used 2) and hollow them out.
- Add all of the ingredients to the peppers. I layered the cheese to ensure extra cheesiness!
- Bake the peppers for approximately 35-45 minutes.
- I filled all of the ingredients to a little above the top and it actually baked down about 1/2-1 inch. I used that space to add all of the goodies, like lettuce and sour cream!