Red, White, and Blue Sangria
I had friends over for the 4th of July and wanted to make a festive drink for the ladies. Usually, I’m not a fan of sangrias because they’re often too sweet. However, I stumbled across this recipe and it actually wasn’t too sweet and you could barely taste the alcohol! I’m going to keep making this (without the star shaped pineapples of course).
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pineapple, cut into star shapes
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- In a pitcher or punch bowl, comine all liquids and add the fruit. I used three olives berry vodka and sauvignon blanc white wine.
- Drink cautiously, this baby is strong!!
Original recipe: BRUNCH at Saks