I’ve made this a few times now and it’s been a hit every time. I’m addicted as well. The key to this recipe is all FRESH ingredients. This is where a basil plant comes in handy.
- Tomato on the vine (6 tomatoes)
- Loaf of baguette bread
- Minced garlic-3 or 4 cloves (I like lots of garlic flavor)
- Fresh basil leaves (about 2 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil (approximately 2 tbsp.)
- Balsamic Vinegar (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and slice the baguette bread. Line a cookie sheet with the sliced baguette and lightly coat with EVOO. Bake about 10-15 minutes or until your desired crispness.
- Hallow out and then dice all of the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- For the best flavor, let the ingredients sit together in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors can come together.
- This recipe can be served hot or cold. If you want to have hot bruschetta, add the bruschetta mixture onto the bread and top with parmesan cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted.