This is a recipe my boyfriend’s mom makes and it is always a hit. One of my personal favorites as well. She calls them peanut butter bon bons, which is probably more appropriate then peanut butter balls 😉
- 2 cups peanut butter (creamy)
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) of melted butter
- 3 cups rice krispies
- 1/4 square of parafin wax
- 1 package of chocolate chip morsels
- Combine peanut butter, confectioner sugar, and melted butter. Add rice krispies, mixing with a spoon or spatula.
- Put this mixture into the fridge for 1 hour. This step is key. I made this once without putting it in the fridge and the dough was so sticky that it was impossible to roll into balls.
- Remove from fridge and roll into about 1 inch balls. It doesn’t really matter. I actually like them to be slightly larger. I personally like a greater peanut butter to chocolate ratio.
- In a pan, grease the bottom and sides with butter and add entire contents of chocolate chips. Melt on low heat.
- Add 1/4 a square of parafin wax. It’s much easier to shave the wax. This allows it to melt. SOOOO wax in chocolate…what?!?! I know, I felt the same way. Apparently it’s totally normal. The wax actually helps keep the chocolate hard and intact. Makes sense and it’s completely fine to consume!
- Dip each ball into the chocolate and place on waxed paper to cool and harden.