Has anyone heard of the Paleo diet?? Also known as the “caveman” diet. I know, sounds crazy for someone who doesn’t eat a lot of meat, but I think I can make this work. The concept of this diet is very basic, you eat only what the cavemen (and women) use to eat. That includes meats, veggies, and fruits. Essentially no processed foods, dairy, or grains (pastas). While I am not a pig/cow consumer, I do eat poultry, fish, and shellfish. Therefore, this is still feasible! Additionally, the concept behind this is that both dairy and gluten are very difficult for our bodies to digest, making us feel not-so-wonderful (especially me). Ever since I was diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome-YUCK), my aunt has recommended I try going gluten free. My stubborn self loves pasta. I just couldn’t get myself to do it. However, it’s getting to the point where I am always feelings uncomfortable and lethargic. I’m going to make an attempt to transition to this diet. I’m setting a 30 day goal for myself. I should be able to manage 30 days without pasta. I’m hoping to feel better and have more energy.
I’ll post recipes on this part, but I will make a separate page that will consist of a daily food/workout log so you can follow along! Yes, I’ll include a 30 days workout challenge as well. It’s time for me to get this winter booty, beach ready for spring break 😉
Here’s my beginning grocery list. I work a lot of nights and typically end up having to eat dinner at work. Luckily, I work at a seafood restaurant. Those nights I will most likely order fish with a side of veggies.
- red,green, yellow peppers (whatever looks best at the grocery store)
- turkey burgers
- (I made my turkey chili last week and have frozen single portions for myself. Perfect for this diet)
- ground coffee (this girl is starbucks obsessed and I am madly in love with my hazel night white mocha drink). Well…no more… There’s milk in there 😦 Instead, I will make my own coffee and use the Nestlea french vanilla creamer. Still good and dairy free.
- Greek Yogurt…Shhh, this is dairy. However, this girl needs to get her calcium some how and yogurt still has great health benefits. I’m keeping it!
- pico de gallo-I love mixing this in my eggs when I cook them up. It adds lots of flavor and is much faster then chopping veggies in the morning.