This recipe has lots of healthy ingredients….But, they’re masked by not so healthy ingredients. It’s delicious and simple though! Most time consuming part is the prep work.
- Cook however much pasta you like. I personally cook two servings so I have leftovers!
- Packaged and precut baby bella mushrooms
- Fresh Spinach
- Half an onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- two garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- Marsala wine
- Packaged and precut asparagus
- Salt and pepper-to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- I cheated and bought frozen premade garlic/5 cheese bread (a.k.a texas toast).
- Cook pasta according to cooking directions on box. I used angel hair pasta for this dish.
- In a sauté pan, coat pan with EVOO and add mushrooms, sliced onions, garlic, and spinach.
- Once the mushrooms have darkened and the onions have softened, add the Marsala wine. I don’t have a specific amount I use. Typically I add enough to be a nice base for a sauce. I won’t add too much where the marsala covers the ingredients in the pan.
- I turn the heat just above medium and let the wine begin to boil and add 1-2 tbsp of butter. This thickens the wine.
- When pasta is done, pour pasta into sauté pan, add parmesan cheese, and mix.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place asparagus in a baking dish. Coat with EVOO and any desired spices.
- Roast for approximately 10 minutes.
Suggestions: I usually use a garlic herb finishing butter on the asparagus and mix the asparagus with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Since the pasta already had mushrooms and onions in it, I didn’t include them in the asparagus. You can also add lemon to the asparagus.
Not looking forward to the loads of pots and pans!