Have you ever heard of Naan? If not, don’t worry…I didn’t either. My cousin was the one who introduced Naan bread to the family, my mom fell in love, and I followed suit. Since I’m in grad school and extremely busy, I appreciate quick meals. It’s super easy to make, quick, and really good!
- 1 Package of Naan (I bought the garlic flavored naan)
- fresh tomatoes (I didn’t have fresh tomatoes on hand, so I used a jarred tomato and onion bruschetta toping that I had)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Italian seasoning-to taste
- Pepper grinder-to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place pizza stone in oven to heat.
- While oven is preheating. Brush EVOO lightly on bread. I wouldn’t use too much, considering lots of oil is produced once the cheese melts.
- Add fresh tomatoes (or sauce) and layer with fresh basil leaves.
- Thinly slice mozzarella and cover the pizza. If you would like the cheese to blend better together (it will make for a prettier presentation after melting) then you can use shredded mozzarella.
- Add seasoning and bake for 5-10 minutes. I typically will broil anything that has cheese on it, for about 2 minutes, so the cheese can brown.